Saturday, January 22, 2011

New and Improved

After a long hiatus, I thought it was important to start communicating again - especially since undergoing one of the most profound choices/changes in my life. It's hard coming up with a concise name for this blog, especially since the predominant passions in my life: cooking, knitting, spinning, dogs, meditating, yoga, and tattoos are kind of all over the board.

However, it is interesting to note that there are a ton of vegan tattooed knitters with dogs, who occasionally spin. So as much as I am committed to many other activities, I choose Vegans Barking at the Moon to introduce my own esoteric brand of lunacy.

I expect to share a lot of what's cooking, some knitting projects here and there - a sprinkle of whining about my next tattoo, with honorable mentions to other facets of life in Taos.

To kick things off, may I present Roasted Yellow Beets with Tempeh Croutons and Greens in a Warm Maple Mustard Dressing. This is courtesy of my new BFF - Isa Chandra Moskowitz, without whom, I'd probably starve. The recipe can be found on her website - The Post Punk Kitchen - which I will be linking to quite frequently.


I'm trying out this Amazon widget which is supposed to exhibit contextually relevant books. So far I'm not impressed, but I'll wait until there's a bit more content to go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment