Thursday, May 5, 2011

A Gift of Grace

When traveling through the dark night of the soul, everything that was once comforting seems empty; everything that had meaning is meaningless. There is no visible light leading out of the woods. And when faith seems dead, it takes an act of even deeper faith to "act as if."

There are two things that connect me to the Divine: cooking and music. I had interest in neither 4 weeks ago, and couldn't imagine every having interest again. Then, at a kirtan concert Monday night, during the last chant, something shifted. The dam burst, and sobbing through the song, I saw the light of day again.

The next morning I woke up dry-eyed, clear; happy. I've woken up that way since. I picked up my guitar again and later, started cooking.  Last night for dinner it was Thai Green Curry with Bok Choy; today, Tortilla Soup:

Vegan Tortilla Soup
And, this is the chant that brought me home: Baba Hanuman, interpreted by Shantala:



Thank you Heather & Benjy; Thank you Baba~

No comments:

Post a Comment