Friday, February 11, 2011

It's a cookbook!


It's hard to articulate why I have taken what some people view as an extreme stance with my dietary choice and I can't help thinking about one of my favorite TwiZone episodes. I wonder, in some far distant future, if we will be the meal du jour for a more powerful life form. Will we be farmed and fattened? Would we be treated with more compassion than how we treat our food?

It is fantastical, of course, but pertinent in my world. I really do think about this. I'm not the only one thinking about this:





From one species eating another species is there a short hop to cannibalism? Ground farmed animals are now being fed to their own species. Who knows? In 1729, Jonathon Swift's A Modest Proposal satirically recommends eating the young of the poor as a way to prevent them from being a burden to their parents.


Thank you, Charlton~

So when I tell people that my bottom line is compassion for all sentient beings, that includes people.





Ready to see how your food is brought to your table? Click here (caution, this is not for the kiddies).

1 comment:

  1. It reminds me of all the great clips "The Daily Show" so wonderfully uses.

    ReplyDelete